Tuesday, October 17, 2017

     Good morning!  The biggest news around here is the coffee pot died.  It is only about 2 months old, but it gave up the ghost this morning, so no coffee means hot chocolate.  It was a cheap coffee pot, so maybe I should invest in a better one today.

     Jim has appointment this morning to have his eyes examined.  He has gotten to the point that he really can't see close up or far off, so it is definitely time.

     Mission Conference continues.  Last night we heard 3 of the missionaries sing for us in their dialect and then we saw slides of their countries.  We have so much and they have so little.  (Little is much when God is in it...)  We have flags of many of the countries where the missionaries live, on both sides of the sanctuary, and I took pictures of several.  
     I am enjoying this cool, fall weather and am hoping the colors start showing up on the trees.  

6 comments:

  1. My husband and I were just talking about him needing an eye appt.:) Hope all goes well with that! Coffee pot is a must! I bought the one we are using a couple years ago and I still love it! SO happy you are enjoying the conference! OH and that weather is perfect:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my eye appointment 2 weeks ago and it took 2 weeks to get my bifocals right, "Tony" the regular guy wasn't there to measure my eyes, there was a different person and she really didn't know what she was doing. ANYWAYS...

    Hope you have a beautiful day, friend, cold here this morning. I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to leave for the eye doctor myself. Bob has an appointment and I'm going to help him pick out new glasses.
    Glad you are enjoying the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most everything is still green here in East Tennessee....I'm looking forward to COLORS, too! But, these cooler temps are awesome...I actually had to turn the heat on this morning....brrrr!!! Glad your enjoying the missionary conference. I love hearing songs sung that are familiar to me in a different language...like Amazing Grace! HOPE you and Mr. Jim have had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe needs his eyes examined too. He says he can see okay, but I know he is having problems. Sigh. We will still be hot here until the middle of next month. It's coming though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband Joe has cataracts from his diabetes and is having surgery next week. Praying your husband gets a good report from his eye exam. The Missions Conference sounds awesome. What a blessing to go to a series of meetings like that.

    ReplyDelete