Saturday, July 8, 2017

I went thrift store shopping yesterday morning, and got a whole new 'wardrobe' for very little money.  I love this one shop I always go to, and can always find something.  I need to wear longer sleeves (due to bumping into things and getting bruises on my arms) and had only 2 tops in my closet that fit the bill.  I found just what I needed, plus 3 skirts and a pair of what we used to call 'peddle pushers'....do you know what that is? (capris)  lol



I made a loaf of bread in my bread machine, using the same recipe I always use, and it looked so good when it came out of the oven.  I let it cool and cut it, and it was complete dough on the inside.  I don't know if it was the rainy weather, or the fact that 'I didn't hold my mouth right' when I was mixing it, but had to throw it away.  I will start over today, provided it is a sunny day.



The corn and tomatoes and cucumbers are ready in the garden, so we may just have some of those with dinner today.  Our son is making one of our favorites for us, chicken casserole, and these veggies will go well with it....yummm

We have no big plans today, other than to stay upright, laugh and enjoy life.  I pray you can do the same!



7 comments:

  1. I remember when they were called peddle pushers, too. Somebody must have thought capris sounded better! 😀 We're getting yummy veggies,too...and lots of rain...more predicted for today. I love thrift stores. We found a huge one when we visited Chattanooga back in April. You did good! HOPE your Saturday is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a wide variety of "peddle pushes"---I can not however wear a elastic waistband. I always have to find ones that have a zipper or buttons.

    Hope your day is a good one...the humidity will affect the bread, even in a bread machine, just saying, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thrift shopping and capris are my faves. Enjoy your day dear friend. Staying upright is what I plan on doing too😎 Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I wish I could wear capris/peddle pushers and skirts, but I have such bad edema in my ankles that I'm embarrassed. I wear long pants or long skirts (when I have to dress up). I know if I lost that 50-80 pounds I really need to lose my legs would look better. Sigh. I have many things in my closet from our local Goodwill store. Some of them still had the tags on them. Great place to bargain shop! I'm a terrible bread baker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your post. I love thrift stores too, and garden fresh vegetables! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had very good success at the thrift store! We have a consignment store very close to our house and I find the best buys! That is frustrating about your bread. Best wishes today. So far, it is sunny/clear today BUT it has been raining almost every afternoon. The chicken casserole will be delicious, especially with some fresh veggies. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fresh vegies sound so good. I'd love to have a garden, but the deer and rabbits here make it pretty difficult and I am not that perseverant.(is that a word?) Sorry about your bread...did it bake long enough? Do you bake it in the bread machine? I haven't made any lately, but every time you mention it I want some. I may have to do that tomorrow! I never understood why capris were called "pedal pushers", unless they were easier to peddle bikes because the legs of the pants were shorter and wouldn't get caught in the pedals or chain...that's probably it. Up in New England I think they called them "clam diggers"...I guess so you wouldn't get the bottoms wet when you go clam digging in the wet sandy beach...Interesting stuff, huh? That is pretty much all I wear now except in winter. Love them.

    ReplyDelete