Wednesday, June 28, 2017

There really isn't a whole lot going on in my world.  I am just holding on and trying to keep Jim safe and sound. He has fallen every day since last Friday, but thankfully no broken bones.  He cannot do much of anything on his own.  He eats - sweets!  He will not walk up to the counter or table, but stands back and tries to put something down, and this is what it looks like.......


Therefore, I am mostly cleaning up what falls off.  I think some of the time that he falls is because he reaches out for the counter or door knob or a seat and because he isn't close, he leans and falls.

He stepped up (one step) on the porch yesterday, put his foot just on the edge of the porch and fell.  Thankfully our son was pulling out of his driveway, so he saw his Dad, pulled straight into our driveway and came and lifted him up and into a chair.  I don't know what I would have done if he had not been there.  I am told to call 911, but I hate bothering them for something like that.  Due to my back problem, I cannot left the smallest part of him, so 911 it may be!

I hesitate to leave him even for 30 minutes, for fear he will fall and I will find him down when I get back.  Our son is off work today, so I am going to make a quick trip to Walmart and have him check on his Dad while I am gone.

To remain sane, I am working on my third sleeping mat, and I have started crocheting some new circles.  Jim told me he wished I would make him a smaller version of the previous one I made, so am doing that with leftover yarn! I work on one for a little while, then the other.

Thanks for listening to me about my daily events, and please continue to pray for both of us.  God knows all about it.


10 comments:

  1. Oh Honey, I will continue to pray for you and Jim! I know that it is difficult to hover over him to keep him safe:( God bless you both and by all means... call 911! That's what they are there for! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in prayer, Linda...it is hard to be a wife, mom, caregiver etc. Our roles are many, aren't they?

    Sending you lots of hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also keeping you and Jim in my prayers, Linda. Men can be so stubborn and proud. Most of the time they don't understand how what they are doing affects those around them. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read Ms. Terri's comment and I so agree, having lived with a man over 40 years now...they can be extremely stubborn and think that it's either their way, or nothing. I'm so sorry you're struggling, too. Being a caregiver is much harder on you than the one who is being cared for. Prayers, dear Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending my love and prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of Jim's falling so often. It's so hard to see a loved one going thru these things and it's so hard being the caregiver. Prayers for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Linda. It's very draining to be a caretaker. Continued prayers for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its such a struggle for the caregiver when it comes to giving independence and still keeping the loved one safe. I feel your heart! Sending prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you and your dear hubby. So sorry that things are at this stage, which is very difficult for all of you. Praying for wisdom, strength, and continued "joy in the journey", although I know that can sometimes be difficult to find...but may the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you, and give you peace. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS EVERYONE...I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR PRAYERS AND CONCERN FOR US.

    ReplyDelete