Thursday, June 1, 2017

JUNE ALREADY!!!

Time is just flying by.  When you are young, time drags - at least until school is out and summer vacation begins, then it goes too fast.  When you get older, time flies every single day. You turn around or blink your eyes, and it is either Christmas again, or the 4th of July.  We are half way through this year already....my oh my!

Jim was able to go to church and it was such a good message. Of course if you know me, every message is good.  You are never too old to learn something new from 'the Good Book'.

I am having trouble getting Jim to eat.  All he wants is home-made ice cream.  He eats it 3-4 times a day, but that is all.  I have tried to make things he likes, encourage him, get 'nursey' with him, but he just does what he wants to, and ignores the fact he isn't eating. Yes, it concerns me.

Haven't heard a word from the mechanic about my car....which makes me wonder.......was he busy and didn't get around to working on it, or is it so bad, he is having to replace parts, which of course means $$$$.  

I ordered our groceries yesterday and our daughter is to let us know when to pick them up, but so far haven't heard a word from her.

That is my 'news', such as it is.  Hope you are doing well, and will have a lovely summer day.


7 comments:

  1. LOL on the cat picture!!! So happy that Jim felt like going to church. I know you are concerned about his eating. John has a dental appt. early today, so far, no rain!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping Jim in prayer...I simply don't know what to say about that, Linda.

    Call the mechanic...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your hubby. I know appetite issues are a great concern. May the Lord hear your heart's prayers and bring answers and healing in every part. Have a blessed and glorious June 1st! Yes, It IS hard to believe we are 1/2 way through this year. Crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for Jim. Mom would go through periods when she only wanted one thing to eat. I hope that you hear from your mechanic soon and that it isn't too pricey. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you could go to church. We are well fed at our church too :)
    The nurse in you makes it hard to see your hubby not eat I'm sure. Praying right now as I'm writing to you!
    I'm sitting on my porch watching birds fly by to our tree that's filled with berries they love....it's a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe that's my problem...I'm allergic to food! LOL

    Glad Jim felt like going to church last night but sorry he isn't eating better. Can you slip some vitamins into that ice cream? Hope you are having a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad Jim could make it to church - praying about his appetite. Hope you've heard news on your car by now!
    I love the cat!

    ReplyDelete