Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I saw an unusual article in our local newspaper and thought I would share....


These two girls are competing with young people throughout the U.S. and Canada for the top prize of $20,000. To compete, the girls were required to create two one-of-a-kind prom ensembles completely out of duct tape.  According to the girls, it took them 215 hours to complete their prom ensembles. They were loosely inspired by the Victorian era, and used 25 rolls of gold and royal blue duct tape. All accessories including the earrings, necklaces, headbands and elaborately decorated hand fan were made with duct tape. The left dress includes a detachable fringe skirt that can be removed to reveal a shorter version of her dress.

We had some excitement here yesterday afternoon.......Jim had mowed the front yard (riding mower), stepped to get off and fell in the driveway (gravel).  I looked out the window and thought he was looking at the back tire of one of the cars.  Took a second look, and realized that wasn't it at all.  I ran out and we tried to get him up (we, being me and him), but unable to do so.  I called our son, who was at work, and he couldn't come, but called a friend that lives near by and he came and lifted Jim onto his walker (has a seat) and then got him into the house and into his chair.  Whew...what a day!  I was afraid he had hit his head, so wouldn't let him go to sleep for a couple of hours, but once he cooled off and settled down, he seemed ok.  I have a baby monitor and had it on last night, and he slept through the night.  Never a dull minute around here!

Our sunset was strikingly beautiful last night. I took this through a window screen, but you can see what I mean......


I wish you a happy Wednesday and hope your day is just what you want and need it to be.



8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's duck tape? Awesome...poor Jim...he ought not be out there in the heat of the day, even if its on the riding lawn mower, just saying...

    Keeping you all in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Jim's fall. I hope you both will have a better day. Those dress/accessories are amazing! How fun! That is a lovely sunset. God bless you both. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW to the duct tape dresses, sticky to work with but they did a great job! SORRY about Jim falling, happy to hear that he is ok! BEAUTIFUL SUNSET, AMAZING! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful Jim got to feeling better and rested well. Falls can really set us back! The sunset photo is stunning. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen some of those duct tape designed dresses before. I think they do it every year. All you need is duct tape!! The dresses are amazing. So sorry Jim fell but glad he didn't hurt himself - and glad someone could come to your rescue! Scary stuff. Even through the window, the sunset is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those duct tape dresses!!
    You did have a bit of excitement! So glad someone was able to come help Jim. Hope he's ok!
    Always love a pretty sky....yours was spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad Jim is ok - that is too much excitement!
    Those dresses are amazing - and that sky is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your hubby is okay. I know that had to be scary for both of you. So thankful for good neighbors. That sky is amazing! And the duct tape dresses? WOW!!! I'm impressed! I'd like to see who the winners are! Thanks for sharing all of the above. God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete