Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I cooked a beef roast with mushroom gravy, put it over rice, and made some of Jim's favorite homemade ice cream, Amaretto, made some homemade rolls, and he ate more than he has in a week!  I try every day to think of something that would sound good to him, and yesterday I hit the jackpot!!!  He is so weak and needs good food to sustain him, and give him energy.



Today we go to pick up our groceries, and on our way we are going to take some venison to our daughter's house for her to try.  She is trying to eat organic/natural foods and meats and wanted to see if she could find a recipe for the deer.  Jim, being the hunter he was, she doesn't remember growing up eating deer that he would bring home.

That is it for my news this morning.  Hope you have a great day, and as my background shows.........




7 comments:

  1. I just love your background, Linda, smiles

    I personally don't like venison, the "boys" do...hope you day is a lovely one, friend. Keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, mercy, those rolls look sooooo good! I'm a carb-o-holic, unfortunately! LOL I'm not sure I've ever eaten venison...well, maybe as a little girl because my Daddy was a hunter, too. HOPE you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that Jim had a good appetite for what you prepared yesterday. Your rolls looks so tasty. God bless you both today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds yummy! I am in a cooking rut! We had pork chops, pasta salad and peas! It was good:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that all sounds so wonderful...but those ROLLS!!! Oh I wish I could reach right in and grab one or two! They look SO good! Thank you for making our mouths water! Have a blessed day dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful meal - especially homemade rolls! Glad Jim enjoyed it.
    Bob used to hunt and I would pray he didn't get anything, because I'm not a fan of venison!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rolls look amazing! Glad Jim had an appetite for your dinner. It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete