Thursday, June 22, 2017

Good Thursday morning!  It is supposed to be a nasty day, but there is still sunshine in my heart and mind. With so much going on with Jim, I am still so thankful for many things.

1)  I finally gave in and got my hair cut yesterday, and feel like I am back to the 'old' Linda.  I am so thankful for the girl that has cut my hair for years. She and my children went to school together from K-4 all the way through high school, and she lives close by as well.

2)  I am so thankful for my church family.  The devil is definitely out in the world as a roaring lion, but when I enter my church building, it is all shut out and I only feel the presence of God. Our Wednesday night service is basically a prayer time, and there is so much to be praying for these days.

3)  I am thankful that our son lives next door, as he does so much for us on a daily basis.  He cut our yard, his yard, the yard next door to us, a lady's yard about 10 miles from us, and the yard that belongs to the girl that cut my hair -- all yesterday!  He is a worker for sure!

4)  I am very thankful that I am able to take care of Jim, do the housework, some yard work, cook, and still be able to sit on the porch with him, and enjoy God's handiwork!

I wish you a happy, thankful day......





5 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for you, Linda. smiles...I guess all your rain/tropical rain is suppose to make its way here in NY sometime over the weekend...so I have been reading.

    Keeping y'all in prayer, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good rainy morning! It always makes me feel better to have my hair cut. I hope you and Jim will have a nice day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A haircut is such a boost for me too. I always look forward to it. Your son is a GEM!! God bless him for all that hard work. I'm not one who enjoys doing anything concerning lawns and gardening, sadly. No rain here, yet. But it's coming. Hope you can soon do more porch sitting!
    God is good! Praising Him with you, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to have these "simple blessings"...haircuts, lawn cuts, and good people, family, and friends around us. Yes, so much to praise the Lord for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have so much to be thankful for! Thank you for posting this and reminding me!

    ReplyDelete