Monday, June 5, 2017

Do you ever feel like you might float away?  We have had rain for a couple of days now, and more on the way.  The good thing about it though, is the flowers and vegetable gardens don't have to be watered because the good Lord did that for us!

Anybody have a really good recipe for bread pudding?  I made some rolls this past week and we didn't eat all of them, and I hate to throw them away.  Jim suggested I make a bread pudding, but I have no recipe, and the ones I found online don't appeal to me.  If you have one, and can post in the comment section, I will thank you so much.  I am big these days on using what I have on hand.  It is almost a game with me, to see what I can make...lol

Church and Sunday School were so good yesterday.  My Sunday School teacher is wonderful.  She studies and prepares so much and it definitely comes across.  Yesterday our lesson was about Noah and the flood.  She compared the wickedness of that day to our day, and how God was sorry he had created man on earth. Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord, however, and obeyed God when He told him to build an ark.  Noah didn't know why (as they had never seen rain) but he obeyed God without question.  Do we?  When God is leading us, do we obey or question - "me, why me, I can't do that, I can't go there, etc."

It was a good lesson for all of us.  I learned something very minor, but something I had never thought of concerning the ark. I never thought of it having rooms, but it had to, for the humans that were on it....the animals no, but Noah and his family had to have rooms.  I just never thought about that!  lol

The size of that ark is unbelievable! It would have to have been huge to house all that it did.

Ok, I am through, as I am sure you knew all this anyway, but it was fascinating to me.  I am never too old to learn something new.





10 comments:

  1. I haven't thought about the details of the Ark and I am always open to learning:) Enjoy your Monday dear friend, it's another rainy one here too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy here too. U'll have to flip through my books and find a recipe for Bread pudding, I do love it, and love it with raisins. Have a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one Linda and did include raisins. Made a sauce to put on top and Jim has already eaten half of it! lol

      Delete
  3. I love a good Bible study, you always learn so much. I think the ark also had multiple floors and stalls and cages for the animals. I heard someone say that, fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would hope there were rooms for the people....that would get tough living with all those animals in one big room ;-)
    I've never made bread pudding. I sold it already made when I worked in a deli...it was a favorite of our customers. I surely hope someone has a recipe for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I always assumed it would be partitioned off between people and animals that might eat each other, but it's not something I have given much thought to other than it had to be massive and Noah an engineering whiz...following God's orders as he did. I had a similar lightbulb moment during our Pastor's sermon on Pentecost and the Holy Spirit. I like those moments, no matter how small!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS... this bread pudding recipe is on my blog under the recipe tab. I is from Carol, in Ohio, and I have met her and her hubby in person. She gave me permission to post the recipe on my site, so I feel comfortable giving it to you. She says it is the best she had had and is her mom's recipe. I've not made it, but here it is:

    From my friend, Carol:





    MOTHER'S BREAD PUDDING
    Combine:
    2 beaten egges
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1/2 c. raisins (optional)
    Slowly add:
    3-3½ c. scalded milk
    1/4 c. margarine (melt in hot milk)
    Mix well.
    Add: approx. 16 slices of stale white bread, or 3 c. of Italian bread,
    torn into pieces. It's best to leave the torn bread sit out over-night
    to dry out a bit.
    Blend until all the bread is soaked.
    Pour into buttered baking dish. (2 qt.)
    Sprinkle ground cinnamon over top. Do not cover.
    Set dish in pan of hot water.
    Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a
    butter knife inserted in center comes out clean.
    Optional:
    (My mother never added a sauce for us kids, but it is an option.)
    SAUCE…
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
    1 egg, beaten
    2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
    1/4 cup brandy
    For the sauce:
    Mix together the granulated sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted. Add the brandy, stirring well. Pour over the baked bread pudding.
    Serve warm or cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, that looks fantastic. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  7. Glad you found a bread pudding that was good! Your SS lesson sounds like a good one. I need that reminder of obeying without question.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you believe I've never had bread pudding? I must have led a sheltered life! 😊 Thankful for Ms. Terri's recipe. Yes... Lots of rain here, too... Today is supposed to be drier, though. Thank goodness... But our garden is growing like a weed!

    ReplyDelete