Thursday, June 8, 2017

Another day, but not another dollar!!!

We had a ladies quartet from Crown College in Knoxville, TN. at church last night and they were fantastic.  Their voices blended beautifully, and they sang a couple of the songs acapella.  Jim loves that, and it was a real blessing.  Then a young man, traveling with them, brought the message and he really gave us 'food for thought'.

Not much to report otherwise, but will share a couple of pictures. The first is the garden that Jim and Murphy are in charge of and happy with the way things are growing........corn, squash, tomatoes, okra, peppers of all kinds, green beans, cucumbers, onions, kohlrabi, etc., etc.


The other is a picture of Jim's latest.....kohlrabi


Have any of you ever seen or cooked this vegetable? Jim took this one to church last night to show a couple of his friends, and only one person knew what it was or had cooked it!  Our friend that was a missionary to England for 35 years, said she had cooked them like turnips, and they could be shredded for cole slaw.  I will let you know when Jim cooks one....Looks like something from outer space to me!

Another picture............can you guess who this is?


Be Happy!



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all got a blessing last night:) I have NEVER seen that vegetable and I thought I had seen it all! BEAUTIFUL GARDEN! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the picture is Bing Crosby?? No, I haven't even heard of kohlrabi before. Publix has some strange veggies in their produce section, but I've not seen that one! Let us know how it tastes!! I'm a day behind on blogs again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing, that is Murphy? Hmm...smiles.

    I have never heard of that vegetable, our Wegmans has some strange stuff as well, will have to pay close attention the next time we go.

    Have a lovely day friend, finally looks like sunshine is on tap for today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that is Donald Trump! Great picture! Kohlrabi...no clue what that is. Let us know when you cook it and eat it. Take pictures! Love that you heard such good music...sounds wonderful. I love Christian college choirs . Great post today. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of kohlrabi but wouldn't recognize it if I saw it (except from your photo!) Let us know what it tastes like. I agree with Pamela - it looks like Donald Trump. The garden looks fantastic! What a blessing that will be to have all those fresh veggies! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have enjoyed the singing so much. Glad you both were blessed with church last evening. Is this Murphy?
    The garden looks wonderful. I've never seen this veggie and will be anxious to know how Jim prepares it. I did respond to your earlier email and I hope it went through. We are having a time, aren't we with email!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good night, singing and message too!
    The garden looks good!
    I think that is our president?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dale's mother grew kohlrabi one year. I liked it raw.
    So happy for you to be able to attend your church service. I grew up singing without instruments in church because they weren't allowed in church back then! Some Mennonites are still that way but not the majority.

    ReplyDelete