Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sometimes, somehow, I think I am still 21 and can do things I used to do without any trouble.  WRONG!  I cannot find a level of doing things that doesn't bring pain.  Yesterday I worked outside, doing what I thought was simple, easy things, but by 6 pm my back was hurting so bad, I had to take a pill, a hot shower and go to bed.  See, I think I think too much.  Growing old is not fun.


I finished gluing all the circles together yesterday, so to do something 'easy', today I think I am going to begin sewing them to the background.  Picture to come, but it may be Christmas before I get them all attached.

We will pick up Jesse again from school, as his Dad works from 10-4 today.

I finished one of my mug cozies yesterday and now all I have to do is sew the button on and sew the piece to hold the button. Mine doesn't look as fancy, but maybe, with time, they will look better. I think I will make some for Christmas gifts.



Enjoy the day!  Tell someone you love them and/or appreciate them....tomorrow isn't guaranteed.







11 comments:

  1. So very sorry you were hurting bad yesterday evening. Please take it easier today. I do love the mug cozies; they would make great Christmas gifts. I love and appreciate you and I wish you a very nice day. Enjoy your time with Jesse this aft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...so sorry about your back...I love the mug cozies, what a great idea, smiles.

    Love you and appreciate you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the pain! Hope it is mucho better today. Love that mug cozy, too cute. Have a blessed day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are in less pain today. I think we do forget that our body just isn''t able to do what it used to. I sure understand. The mug cozy is adorable. Can't wait to see your circles all sewn on their background. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better this morning. Mr D says growing old "ain't for sissies!" I think he's right. Love the mug cozy, wish I could crochet like that. WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your back, Linda!
    Steve is dealing with painful back now, and it is not fun.
    Hope your day is cozy and pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better now. I know how that feels. I often charge into projects thinking I can still do everything I did 40 years ago...and then my body tells me otherwise. But I never learn. I tend to do it again and again... I love the cup cozy idea! What a neat thing! That would make great gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mug cozy is really cute, Linda! Great idea for gifts! So sorry your hurt your back working in the yard. Please take care!! It's great that you are able to pick Jesse up from school. Those times you get to spend with him are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all think we are younger than we are. Why is that? Hope you are feeling better today. I love your mug cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I join all the rest of your friends in hoping your back is feeling better. Back pain is awful :(
    Love the mug cozy! How cute.
    Praying you will have a good nights rest. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so sorry about your aching back. 😞 Don't you just love to crochet... so therapeutic! Can't wait to see the finished blanket of circles.

    ReplyDelete