Sunday, May 28, 2017

Progress on my sleeping mat for the homeless.  I am about half way there! It is getting harder, because it is so big and my lap is having a hard time holding it while I work...lol  My friends and family have been so helpful in bringing me plastic bags or PLARN(plastic yarn), as they are called.

Murphy and his lady are in Gatlinburg, TN staying at her parents condo for the weekend.

Jennifer and her family are totally moved into their new house and thankful to finally be settled.  She said boxes were still to be unloaded, but the big items are set.

Leigh and her family are enjoying having both their girls home, and having 'boyfriends' visit.  They have been grilling, going to local markets, etc.

Jim is enjoying riding his mower around the yard and going to the garden to see how things are progressing.  It is almost like he comes 'alive' in summertime.  He LOVES gardening!

Me, you really don't want to hear my moaning and groaning!

Enjoy your holiday with friends/and or family.  Church for us this morning and evening and nap this afternoon.



6 comments:

  1. The sleeping mat is looking good; what a wonderful project. Happy to hear that Jim is enjoying the garden. Sounds like your family is doing well. We spend weekends and holidays close to home - afraid of the traffic! lol Blessings to you both today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just watch the evening news/weather. Looks like we all might receive more storms. Stay safe. Have a good night. xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. You have such patience, Linda for making the mat(s). I had to giggle over "boyfriend visits."

    Have a beautiful SONday and Monday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine that that mat is getting heavy. You wouldn't think that plastic bags can be heavy but all crocheted together, they probably are quite heavy. How many hours have you put into it so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, I havent kept up, but maybe a full 6 hours, but not all at once. I will crochet a little, put it down, and do something else, and start again later....

      Delete
  4. Great job on the sleeping mat! Enjoy your day. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete