Tuesday, May 23, 2017

It is officially summertime when the 'ditch lilies' are blooming beside our son's house next door!  I don't know who deemed them being ditch lilies, but they will bloom anywhere, and come back year after year.....so, they are a keeper!


I have decided to hang my 'circles' on the wall in the big bedroom.  I am looking for the clear Command hooks to use and everywhere I go to find them, they are out of anything but the white.  I could use white as the walls are white, but I thought the clear wouldn't take away from the colors in the circles.  Will have a picture when I get it up!

I only lack about 10 more rows and the first sleeping mat will be finished. I can't believe how easy and fast it comes together.  I will also post a picture of the finished product very soon.

Today is a rainy day so indoor fun will have to work.  I saw a recipe on Facebook today for a cake I want to make, so might give it a try today, ALMOND AMARETTO POUND CAKE. I will be using my Amaretto creamer instead of the liquor.  Amaretto seems to be Jim's favorite flavor these days so I know he would enjoy this.


We pickup Mr. Jesse this afternoon, but until then.........

There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light.

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to the lilies too! I saw them in bloom here yesterday, along with lots of honeysuckle. That Sunshine in my soul Hymn often comes to my mind. Have a glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our neighbor's orange lilies are blooming - sure makes it look like summertime!
    The cake recipe sounds delicious to me. I can't wait to see your projects! Have a nice visit with Jesse. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! That cake looks luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "ditch lilies". It'll e awhile before we see them here.
    That cake looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've got those lillies in our yard, but I've never heard them called that... a new wrinkle on my horn! Lol 😂 That cake looks so good! Hope you've had a great day!

    ReplyDelete