Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I am so tired of politicians, the media, lying, cheating, and so much negativity in the world today.  I pray and pray for our country, our leaders, and even pray for those nay-sayers, but I cannot get peace.  Aren't you tired of it too?  Do you enjoy keeping up with all the meanness, back-biting, and hateful things people are saying and doing?  Me either.  I used to watch the news on TV, and read the news here on the Internet, but I have stopped doing that.  Until the Lord intervenes and stops it all, it is going to continue.  I give up!

Rant over.

My little marigolds are growing and I am so looking forward to seeing those little yellow and orange buds appear.  I am still looking for that perfect plant to put in my big blue pot.


My hummingbirds are entertaining every single day now. I have to work to keep their 'food' cooked and filled in their containers. We have what Jim calls, 'sapsuckers', which look like small woodpeckers to me, that also are enjoying the hummingbird feeders.  That is probably why the liquid goes away so fast!


A few errands today and church tonight.  Love my life.


10 comments:

  1. I am SO tired of it all! I wish the Country would join together and stop being so divided:( Have a blessed day dear friend, I need to plant some flowers too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and I were just discussing the same thing about being fed up with the news, politicians etc. We rarely can tolerate listening to the tv - just so much negativity and lies.
    The neighbor gave us pretty marigolds over the weekend. We are having to water the newer plants due to our high temps. Have a very nice day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am sick of it too. One day our newspaper prints terrible things on the front page about our President and the next day, in smaller print on a different page, they say...oops, it is okay after all. I don't know what has happened to our country but it breaks my heart. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell you, the sore losers can't stand loosing...that's what's happening...yep...totally agree Linda.

    Pretty Marigolds, smiles. Hey---its suppose to be 88* here...and let me tell you, its very warm, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on politics, I'm so fed up with the whole mess. Lovely pics of your marigolds and hummers!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tired of it too but I never want to quiet voices that have concern even if I disagree. So I read and listen to as much as I feel I need to to stay informed.
    I need to get some flowers to plant. Our grandson started some marigolds that we gave him in his Easter basket. Trouble is we don't get much sun.....today I bought a plastic planter that fits over the deck railing. We do get some bright afternoon sun there for a bit. Guess we will see if it's enough!
    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so, so sick of it! I can't handle watching the news and I don't believe most of what they say anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we no longer turn on the news in the morning...and my day goes so much smoother and happier. We may check in at noon, but not often anymore. Just can't deal with the stress of it all. We pray for our leaders and ask God to intervene on our behalf and to keep our leaders safe from harm. I love reading here what my friends are doing to create and bless and share from their parts of the world. This is always a place of peace and joy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Linda, I am also tired of all the political intrigue and junk going on. Our leaders certainly need our prayer. Love the color of your marigolds. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that I am home most of the time, I really enjoy watching the birds from my upstairs windows, finches, woodpeckers, cardinals, chickadees. I would love to spy a hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete

There really isn't a whole lot going on in my world.  I am just holding on and trying to keep Jim safe and sound. He has fallen every da...