Saturday, May 6, 2017

Good Saturday morning!  And yes, it is a good morning....I awoke, am alive, and the coffee was especially good this morning.

It appears it is going to be another rainy day, on and off, and since we have no plans to go anywhere, I decided today is the day to attempt to make rolls in my bread machine. That is slightly misleading, because the dough is made in the machine, but then I have to take it out and form the rolls, let them rise some more, and bake in the oven. Nonetheless, I want some yeasty tasting, homemade rolls for dinner tonight, so going to give it a try.

We did drive out to our daughter's 'soon to be' new home, and as workers were there, we asked if we could go inside, and they were happy to say yes.  It is going to be a beautiful home, and very, very big!  The hardwood floors are so pretty, the color scheme is a soft grey, which will give them a choice of how to decorate with color.  It has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a fireplace surrounded by some beautiful rock, and a back porch that is covered and looks over a forest.  It should be move-in ready in approximately 3-4 more weeks.  I am so happy and proud for them.  Pictures forthcoming.

Not sure you can see this example very well, and am not even sure I am doing it right, but this is the beginning or I should say a practice piece for the plastic bag mat I want to make.  It is called PLARN (plastic yarn).  I have a long way to go, but my dear family and friends are bringing me the bags I will need, so now I HAVE to make one!


HAPPY SATURDAY!



8 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Linda...cant wait to hear more about your daughters house. Rain, rain, rain here... talk of ice and snow tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are not having the rain you are, but we did have a rainy day yesterday. Glad about that too. Your daughter's house sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see the pictures. I made one of those plastic bag mats. I don't know what ever happened to it. Maybe I should make another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have sun this a.m. but rain is due this aft. again. Best wishes with the rolls. They sound delicious. My great aunt always provided home made yeast rolls for holiday dinners.
    So very happy you were able to see your daughter's house. It sounds very nice. Hope things go smoothly for their move. I am glad you got started on the plastic bags...that is a great project and I look forward to following along. God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Linda!
    I am cozy in bed as the cold rain pelts my window!
    No complaints. : )
    Cannot wait to see pictures of your daughter's beautiful home!!!
    And of your yummy rolls. : )
    Have a cozy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to more about the new home and your craft project. Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday to you! Hope your rolls turn out to be very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rolls sound good - hope they turned out good!
    The new home will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeasty rolls sound so good! Your daughter's new house sounds amazing and I look forward to seeing the photos! The plastic mat is such a great project! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete