Friday, May 19, 2017

Every day when I am checking email, posts, etc., I go to a local online newspaper, read the news and check the county jail bookings.  It is sad to say, but lots of times, I see people I know...people in my community.  Other than drugs, which is the 'biggie', domestic assault is #2 and becoming more and more prevalent.  And this morning, I recalled Scripture that speaks of today's world.

2 Timothy 3:1-5
  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Put all in container...........
1 small carton of heavy whipping cream
1 can of Eagle Brand
Fill remainder of container with Amaretto coffee creamer (or any flavor you like)
Turn on the machine and 30 minutes or so later, you have the BEST.  It also freezes great.  We made some yesterday and I have to watch Jim, or he will eat the whole thing!!!



7 comments:

  1. Same here wit the newspaper...drugs seems to be prevalent around here.

    I will have to try that ice cream smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that ice cream maker (from your review a couple of years ago) and haven't used it in forever. Will add these ingredients to my grocery list and start using it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such difficult days in our history. I watched with horror yesterday the events in NY.
    Thank you for the ice cream recipe. I would love this and would be tempted to eat it all myself! lol
    Do you ever use fresh strawberries in your ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I would love a Cuisinart machine, it would be too dangerous in our house. I'm afraid we would over indulge and begin to waddle instead of walk. Your ice cream recipe sounds soooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how good that ice cream recipe sounds! Makes me want to go out and buy that machine. I can see how crime seems to be getting worse and worse. The Bible predicted it would happen. I've been checking a site frequently to see what goes on in the area where my apartment will be in Louisville. It's near Alcoa Hwy and not in a strict residential district but there are other apartment complexes right by it. So far it doesn't look too bad. Just another reason to remember Psalm 91. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find that I avoid the news these days. We check on the weather to see if we will ever get any rain again (some is predicted later today and the next few days..please Lord!), but we just can't deal with the media any more. I prefer to watch the birds, deer, bears, whatever else is around here besides the news. The ice cream,however, sounds wonderful! That's good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that ice cream maker and haven't used it in years! Time to dust it off..... :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

There really isn't a whole lot going on in my world.  I am just holding on and trying to keep Jim safe and sound. He has fallen every da...