Wednesday, May 24, 2017

An early morning event.  Our Caroline graduates from elementary school into middle school today at 9:30.  The church where the ceremony will be held is about 30 minutes away for us, and we are to meet her parents at 8:30.  We are going to have to 'get on our horse and ride' shortly.

Oh, incidentally, the cake I posted a picture of yesterday, was a total flop, and I have no clue what I did wrong. It was rising beautifully and the next thing I knew, it had fallen to the bottom of the cake pan.  I took it out and even tasted it, and it was blah, big time.  No clue what I did wrong, but won't be making that one again!

Pictures to follow, and I pray you have a great day!


9 comments:

  1. Enjoy this special day for Caroline. So sorry about the cake - that is frustrating. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations about Caroline...what a lovely name, smiles.

    ugh on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. After rereading yesterdays post, it might have been the creamer instead of the liquor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background
    Enjoy your special day with your Caroline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your cake, that must have been disappointing! Hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun event, can't wait to see pictures:) SORRY about the cake, sounds like one I would make! Enjoy your day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm behind here so I'll have to visit your post before to see about your poor cake. I wonder what could have caused it to fall flat? I hope you enjoy the elementary graduation ceremony this morning. I went to a similar ceremony last night. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about the cake.....I've had some real flops in my GF baking. Sometimes it just doesn't work out!
    Congrats to your granddaughter who is moving up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for Caroline! What a bummer about the cake - I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete