Tuesday, May 2, 2017

ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR.....................

Jim and I got a good report at our doctor yesterday and don't have to go back for 3 months.  I had not gained or lost any weight, my blood pressure was as low as it has ever been, and my lungs are clear.  Same for Jim and the only difference is that they drew blood on me as it had been a while since it was done.  My doctor then sends me a copy of the report, as he knows this old 'nurse' likes to read it for herself and knows what it all means!

I am thankful to be alive and 'kickin' as they say.  We pick up Jesse from school today and look forward to seeing him.  He was at his Mother's house for the weekend.  I look out the window at times, expecting to see him playing in the yard, and realize he isn't next door at all.

I visited with a lady at the doctor's office, while waiting on Jim to be through, and we found out we had many things in common.  She taught history at the high school in my community, she loves to knit and crochet, and she is on Facebook, and suggested we become friends there.

In our conversation, she said her church has a ministry to the homeless, and she crocheted sleeping mats, made out of plastic bags, such as Walmart or grocery bags.  This is the link she shared and thought I would share with you too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELO0NjhYuSg

Check it out....if you are like me, you may already have enough of the bags to make a mat!  I thought it was a good idea and thankful there are good, caring people out there.


8 comments:

  1. So very thankful that you and Jim rec'd good reports and won't have to go back for a while. What a blessing to be put in the path of a new facebook friend. The mats out of grocery bags are a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I know you will be happy to catch up with Jesse after his weekend away. I am happy to see sunshine today! Love to you and have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear about your good news from the doctor. I always want copies of my labs too! Once a nurse, always a nurse, I guess. I watched the video on making the plastic bag mat. Something to do with those grocery bags besides just recycle them! Enjoy your time with Jesse! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news from the doctor! The ladies at our church make the sleeping mats too. Not only is it fun but it's a great cause. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got such a good report at the doctor....HOPE the blood work looks good, too! I've seen those sleeping mats and would love to help with that someday, too. Such a wonderful idea and keeps those bags out of the landfill!!! Happy Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy you got such good reports! I laughed because my Dr also prints out the labs for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent news, Linda! I've seen pictures of those plastic bag mats for the homeless. It looks like a great project to work on. Glad Jesse is back from his mom's and you can see him playing outside again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you both got good reports, and you can check that visit off your list.
    We have the dentist this week.
    Ugh!
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a beautiful rest of the week, friend.

    ReplyDelete