1) Jim thought he was having a heart attack night before last, as he said he couldn't get his breath, and he was hurting all over. He got up and went to the front porch and relaxed and it all went away. We are now thinking that it was a severe case of indigestion. At the cookout, he ate a huge hamburger and cake and ice cream, which is more than he has eaten at one time in ages. All day yesterday, he was fine, worked outside, and no symptoms returned. I am thankful.
2) I am so thankful for friends and family that continue to bring me plastic bags for my sleeping mats for the homeless. Just about every day, someone leaves a sackful on the front porch.
3) Franklin Graham, the son of Billy Graham, was in Chattanooga yesterday and had a rally in one of the big parks downtown. I was told over 6,000 people were in attendance. I am thankful for his efforts.
4) I am thankful for two appliances that I have been using almost every day-----the bread machine, and the ice cream maker. We are truly enjoying both and it is fun to try out new recipes for both. Yesterday I made Chocolate Toffee Truffle ice cream, using the coffee creamer, and it was just like a Frosty from Wendys!
6) I am thankful for new ideas that I find online. I saw this yesterday and would like to try to make one for my little garden. Someone suggested I check the Dollar Store for the pieces of glass, as it would be cheap there, and all I would need is the solar stake and wa-la!
7) Last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for your friendship here in computer land!