Thursday, April 27, 2017

I am a gadget person.  Was cleaning out one of the closets and found an old expansion drive piece of equipment.  Of course I had to plug in and see what was loaded.  Some sweet pictures of days gone by.......

Caroline and Elizabeth

Jesse

Grayce

Aryn

Would you like to try a homemade remedy to smells in your home?  I have bought every kind of spray available and they last a short time. This is cheap to make and lasts.........

NATURAL DEODORANT RECIPE
Ingredients:
– 2 cups of water
– 4 tablespoons of baking soda
– A few drops of essential oil of your choice (lemon, lavender, orange, eucalyptus …)

Preparation
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, leave it for 30 minutes, then pour the solution into a spray bottle.
Spray this mix to all areas of your home that tend to absorb odors.

This homemade deodorant is very effective in removing odors and leaves a pleasant scent. The ingredients used to prepare it are all natural and very effective.

MOVING ON.........
We southerners have a language of our own, I am sure you already know. I found some expressions yesterday and they made me smile, because I have and still do, use most of them.



Hope Y'ALL have a great day!!!

11 comments:

  1. Good Morning, What a treat to find these sweet photos of the grands. Thanks for the natural recipe for household smells. When I cook, the smell lingers! Oh yes, I am familiar with all of these Southern sayings!
    Stay safe in the weather today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are on the same track, enjoying looking back:) Have a blessed day and yes, I still use those expressions too:) Worn slap out, makes me think of my Mama! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{{Giggling}}} I sure can relate to those sayings...folks up here look at me like I have lost my ever loving mind, lol.

    Thanks for the smiles, Linda. Hope you have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe never thought about using
    the baking soda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious photos! Yes, I have said all those southernisms! The aunts would always apologize for the fabulous meal they had cooked, saying "Aw, it ain't fit to eat!"
    Really hinting for more compliments!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the smiles and for the great hints! I remember seeing those kiddos at those younger ages when we were on Multiply! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love "old sayings"... and I've heard of all of those... since I'm old! Lol Thanks for the recipe. Hope you've had a good day, in spite of more rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there!!!
    And I love to use essential oils!
    Thanks for that...two puppy dogs in this house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like gadgets too.
    Cute, cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to try that homemade spray.....I use Young Living essential oils. Now to decide which one to use ;-)
    We have some crazy expressions up here too. Never heard of 'worn slap out'!

    ReplyDelete