Saturday, April 22, 2017

Another one (week) bit the dust! Time continues to fly by...here we are, knocking at the door of May and it seems unreal.  Jim, my negative other-half, said yesterday, he never thought he would make it to another garden season, and yet....here he is.
We have cantaloupe and watermelon plants started on the front porch.  He had them out in the garden area, but the squirrels or deer or something was eating them faster than he could plant, so he potted them and brought them to the porch, so he could sit and watch over them.  LOL

Our oldest daughter and her husband are in Brasstown, Ga, at a business meeting for my SIL.  Some of you don't know, but Brasstown is the highest point in Georgia and it is a beautiful area, if you are a mountain lover like me.

Our middle daughter and family closed on the house they were living in, stored everything and moved in with the in-laws, until their brand new house is finished and ready for them, which looks like the end of May.

Our son and crew were at the ball field all last evening, watching Jesse play, while his Dad coached.

All is well with the Ellers.  Happy weekend to you all or as we say in the south, y'all!



11 comments:

  1. We have tomatoes planted but that's it right now! Gotta get busy or I'll be buying veggies from the fruit stand! Enjoy your day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...the garlic is coming up here, nothing else has been planted yet. Today it looks to be overcast and only 50*. I had to giggle over your other "negative half". Yep...I hear ya. lololol

    Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to Jim with the garden plants. When I was in college up here, I loved to visit Brasstown. It's been 30 years since I've been back, at least. It is especially pretty up there in Autumn.
    John umpired little league ball when I first met him, so I know all about late nights and early mornings at the ball park! lol Have a good day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the critters leave your porch plants alone! So exciting that your family will be in their new home by the end of May. I'm enjoying the rain we've had here. I've been suffering from the pollen and my nose has been happier the last couple of days. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, Nice to connect with you this morning. I like your cheerful background. I have been to Brasstown Bald. There was a fabulous view of Lake Lanier on that clear day. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for accepting my request. BB is a beautiful place for sure.

      Delete
  6. Hope the critters leave your plants alone....they should with your hubby's watchful eye :)
    I gave the Grands some seeds to plant in their Easter bags. We hope they grow!
    Blessings to you, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like things are really "moving" right along in your family! Hope your garden will grow big and strong and full of good stuff now that it is in a safer place. I love the Brasstown area, but haven't been there for many years. Would love to go back sometime. We live in Florida, and sometimes I just yearn for the mountains. One of these days we will go...I hope. Thank you for visiting my blog today. It is good to meet some new friends!! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, we follow most of same people ,you are new to me
    I will be following you if that is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I always welcome new friends. I will also be following you...God bless and have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like all is well there. Had to chuckle at your "negative other half"! Having the starter plants on the porch sounds like a good idea! I keep thinking I'll try a tomato plant, but just haven't done it yet. Happy weekend!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete